Compression stockings have come a long way since the hot, thick, uncomfortable ones you may recall. The latest materials and construction techniques have made them virtually indistinguishable from normal hosiery or socks. RMVC offers a comprehensive collection of compression stockings available in a wide array of designs and colors and suitable for many different lifestyles and activities.
What is compression therapy?
- Principle of applying graduated compression via an elastic garment around the leg
- Pressure assists veins in returning blood to the heart
- Alleviates pressure on the veins and relieves painful symptoms
- May be used at any point during treatment cycle
How is compression measured?
- Varies from light – class 1 or 2, to strong – class 3 or 4.
- Depends on the severity of your condition
- Amount of compression based on pressure exerted at the ankle and thigh
- Measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg)
What types of compression are right for me?
- Vary according to your unique condition
- Will be based on your personalized treatment
- May include stockings, socks, pantyhose, or bandages
What does RMVC recommend?
- Participate in our personalized 6-Step Treatment Plan
- Undergo a thorough exam and ultrasound
- Follow our recommended compression therapy tailored for you
- Use compression therapy for 90 days prior to treatment (most insurance companies require that you use compression therapy for 90 days prior to authorize treatment).
- We recommend JUZO, MEDI or VIM & VIGR compression stockings
Why get a professional fitting?
- Proper fitting is essential for compression therapy to work
- We have a trained specialist who will determine what is best for you