- We will prescribe a mild sedative for you if you desire. DO NOT take the sedative prior to arrival at the clinic.
- Arrange for a driver to take you to and from the clinic on treatment day if you take a sedative.
- Compression Stockings
- Bring them to the clinic on treatment day with you.
- If undergoing Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) or RF-Radiofrequency Venefit procedure, you’ll wear one stocking on the treated leg for up to two weeks.
- You may remove the stocking while showering starting the morning after the procedure.
- If undergoing Ambulatory Microphlebectomy, you won’t be able to remove stockings for showering for 48 hours.
- Resume normal activities
- Walking and light exercise is encouraged
- Take 4-5 min. breaks every 45 minutes if driving for more than an hour for first two weeks.
- Please call us if you have any questions after your procedure
- No flying for 14 days following treatment
- Avoid straining or lifting items weighing more than 20 pounds for the first two weeks
- No strenuous exercise for first two weeks after treatment
- No smoking or consumption of alcohol for two days before and after treatment
- No hot baths, saunas, or hot tubs for two weeks after treatment.
Ultrasounds will be conducted at the following times:
- Within the first 2-7 days
- After one month
- If needed, at six months